Nicotinamide Riboside Chloride (NR) Benefits You Should Be Aware Of
Nicotinamide Riboside Chloride (NR) supplements are currently becoming a massive trend in the anti-aging market. Not wanting to age too fast is undoubtedly one reason why there is a surge in demand for these anti-aging products. People are becoming more interested in how to healthily and gracefully age. Learn more here if you want to know how you too can benefit from these supplements.
All About the Nicotinamide Riboside
Nicotinamide Riboside or NR is also called ‘niagen.’ This is a natural version of Vitamin B3. NR is converted into nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide or NAD+. The NAD+ acts as the fuel in many biological processes. And this works within the body cells that help support various cellular processes that support healthy aging, brain functions, cellular energy, metabolism, and liver health.
Benefits of Nicotinamide Riboside
Knowing what Nicotinamide Riboside is is crucial. The next thing to learn would be the benefits that one can enjoy when NR levels are at optimum levels. So here are the benefits of taking NR supplements that you should consider.
- Boosts Cellular Energy Production. The NR primarily targets the NAD and the Sirtuins. The NAD’s role is to convert food into cellular energy, specifically into amino acids, fats, and sugars. And these components are used by the cells to make ATP or the cellular fuel. However, this process can also slow down as a person ages. It can also be affected by other cellular and environmental factors. And sirtuins can mitigate the process. Sirtuins are a group of enzymes that promote such activity.
- Support Brain Functions. If the NAD and sirtuins levels in the brain cells and nerves are increased, it can help stimulate enzymes that support neuroplasticity and cognitive functions. Also, it helps increase the PCG-1 alpha activity, another enzyme that also stimulates the cells to produce more mitochondria, then more energy.
- Improves Metabolic Functions. When the NAD and sirtuins receive more support, the cells become metabolically active. And that results in more conversion of food to fuel. And with this, the body gets to use more insulin, cholesterol and promote normal inflammatory responses.
- Promotes Healthy Liver. The liver cells are some of the most metabolically active types of cells within the body. These cells are continuously metabolizing substances that the body needs, and this includes hormones and neurotransmitters. The liver cells also detoxify substances inside the body. And with boosted NAD production and better mitochondrial functions, it reduces any fat deposit risks to the liver.
- Health Aging. Another critical function supported when NAD production receives a boost is that it promotes healthy aging. So supporting NAD, sirtuins, and the mitochondria are proven to help support healthy aging.
Nobody wants to age too quickly. People these days are looking for more ways to slow down the process. That is why NR powder is currently becoming very popular in the market. But of course, you need to understand that no supplements are there is a magic pill. If you want to know more about NR, try this website. You must understand what these products are all about before using them as part of your anti-aging regimen.